SpellBound is a mobile app and publishing platform. The mobile app is how people experience the SpellBound experiences for books. The publishing platform is how we create and share those experiences. We work with organizations, institutions, and individuals who work with, love, and support children ages 3-10.
Who we Serve
We bundle paper books with technology so that certified child life specialists can help kids understand and deal with emotional challenges that come with hospitalization.
Learn more about how we serve hospitals and medical institutions.
SpellBound engages children and allows them to interact with the paper books they already love to create amazing new experiences for learning in the classroom.
What We've Achieved
- Winner of Detroit Startup Weekend 2014 (MagicBook)
- Winner of one of five prizes at Global Startup Battle 2014 (MagicBook)
- Provisional Patent filed January 2015; full patent filed January 2016
- Released the app in Android and iOS stores
- App and books started being used by 25 Child Life Specialists in C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
- Winner of the 2016 Innovation Award at BookExpo America, the largest publishing expo in North America
- Established a strategic partnership with GetWellNetwork, a leading company for interactive patient care
- Winner of GetWell Labs Next Gen Award at GetConnected 2016